The University at Albany commends veterans for their service to their country and contribution to our campus community.
UAlbany aims to maintain a Veteran Helpful Campus (VHC) status. This is accomplished by providing necessary assistance to all UAlbany student veterans and functioning according to the following guidelines:
- Embrace the history of the GI Bill
- Employ knowledgeable and committed Veteran Certifying Offcial (VCO)
- Implement veteran-requested, SUNY mandated, tuition deferral
- Set aside a dedicated room for veterans
- Encourage and fund veterans' clubs, newspaper, etc.
- Identify faculty and staff who have served in the military
- Sponsor seminars and fundraising event with UAlbany Student Veterans