The University at Albany commends veterans for their service to their country and contribution to our campus community.
UAlbany aims to maintain a Veteran Helpful Campus (VHC) status. This is accomplished by providing necessary assistance to all UAlbany student veterans and functioning according to the following guidelines:
- Embrace the history of the GI Bill
- Employ knowledgeable and committed Veteran Certifying Offcial (VCO)
- Implement veteran-requested, SUNY mandated, tuition deferral
- Set aside a dedicated room for veterans
- Encourage and fund veterans' clubs, newspaper, etc.
- Identify faculty and staff who have served in the military
- Sponsor seminars and fundraising event with UAlbany Student Veterans
Special Announcement: We invite you to join us at noon on Friday, November 9th as our university holds a flag raising ceremony at the top of Collin’s circle in commemoration of our veterans.
Please join us for this brief but important recognition of those who have given their lives in service to our great nation and those who protect our democratic way of life with their military service.