Donna LaHue, Academic Advisor
The Office of International Student Services (ISS) provides a broad range of advising and referral services to over 1000 international students from nearly 100 countries. One of the first contacts that undergraduate students have with the University at Albany is receiving pre-arrival materials from ISS and participating in its thorough orientation program.
ISS, in LI-84, is the primary contact office for assistance regarding such issues as:
- Non-immigrant status
- Federal and State regulations
- Visa programs
- E-mail, web, listserv connection
- Workshops on special topics
- Health insurance and health care
- Host Family opportunities
- Social activities and trips
- Improving English proficiency
- Personal finances
- Income tax preparation
- Access to other agencies supporting international studies
For further information, contact ISS by phone at 518-442-5495 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.