Butera’s Chicken Meatballs
Prep Time: 20 minutes ~ Roasting Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4
cup plain dried
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
cup freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- Combine chicken, eggs, onion, garlic, water, bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour oil onto a plate. Dip hands in oil, then shape (roll) into 2-inch meatballs, oiling hands,
as needed, to prevent sticking.
- Transfer meatballs to 2 15 ½” x 10 ½” jelly roll pans.
- Place pans on 2 oven racks, and then pour 2 cups of water into each pan.
- Roast approximately 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs lose their pink color throughout
and are just golden brown. Enjoy!