The first home of the Normal School was located in the heart of the city at 115-121 State Street, in a building formerly used as a railroad depot. The building contained two study rooms accommodating about 100 students each, four recitation rooms, a lecture hall seating about 350, and a room for the library and storage of apparatus.

The image above is taken from the cover of the 1847 Annual Register and Circular, shown below.

<>