University at Albany President's Residence
In support of the University's strategy of encouraging greater engagement with the community, the Foundation purchased a home in downtown Albany to serve as the official residence of University at Albany presidents. The home, located at 5 Englewood Place, will serve as a focal point for entertaining and interaction between community and University leaders. It is literally around the corner from the University's downtown campus, which houses Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy and a student residence quadrangle. Two houses away is the building that served as the University's first dormitory for women in the early part of this century.
Built around 1887, the Presidents' residence was designed by one of the leading architects of the day, Robert W. Gibson.
The home features indoor and outdoor space suitable for meetings and social gatherings, as well as comfortable living accommodations. It replaces the former president's residence at 410 Loudon Road, sold in late 1997.