Student Poster Day
Friday, April 28, 2017
The School of Public Health Annual Student Poster Day is scheduled for Friday, April 28, 2017 from 10:00am to 12:00pm in the School of Public Health, George Education Center, East Campus, with student set up and viewing scheduled for 8:30am to 10:00am. Awards will be presented from 1:00pm to 1:30pm.
The Student Poster Day program represents the hallmark of what makes this School of Public Health a national leader in practice-based research and education. Each presentation represents countless hours of collaboration between faculty advisors, graduate students, and internship mentors, involving research that is focused not on theoretical constructs, but rather on urgent, real-world public health issues and concerns. More importantly, many faculty and former students have affirmed that there is an important exchange of energy and perspective in these collaborations which benefits and transforms both the faculty members and the students who participate in them.
Poster Day Presentation Requirement: All MPH students are required to satisfactorily participate in the annual School of Public Health Student Poster Day. While not formally a component of the internship course grade, degree clearance is contingent on meeting this requirement. August graduates of the program have to fulfill this requirement. December graduates of the program may have this requirement waived. Posters should be credit-bearing based on internship experience obtained while enrolled in the MPH program. Non-credit internships may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Posters may also be based on a waiver experience. Please contact Katrina Chamberlain, Director of Internships and Career Service, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students in the MS, PhD and DrPH degree programs should check with their respective departments to determine whether or not they are required to participate in Student Poster Day.
Student posters will be reviewed by faculty judges for selection for Excellence in Research and Honorable Mention awards.
The deadline for submitting abstracts to be considered for the Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health Award is Monday, April 3rd, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
ALL abstracts are due no later than Monday, April 10th, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Submit an Abstract
- The maximum word count for all abstracts is 250 words.
- The abstract submission form must be filled out in its entirety. This is the only valid entry form; no other formats will be accepted. (Keep in mind that you cannot save and return to this form later, so it is highly recommended that you record all the necessary information in a text document prior to starting the form.)
- ALL abstracts must be submitted by Monday, April 10th, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Make a Poster
- Posters should be sized no larger than 34 inches in height by 40 inches in width.
- All posters should be printed with a minimum of 1/2" margins all around to prevent the printed page from being cut off.
- It is recommended that posters have a white or light background color. (Dark backgrounds typically do not print well at most locations.)
- Poster printing is to be completed by the individual. (The School of Public Health, Cancer Research Center and the Wadsworth Center do not have poster printing services available.)
- Please see printing instructions for more detailed information on printing locations as well as saving and submitting instructions.
Abstract and Poster Resources
Any questions regarding poster day should be directed to email@example.com.