Community Advisory Board
The Community Advisory Board includes representatives from community organizations, health care providers and local public health units in the Capital Region and nearby counties of upstate New York.
The Mission of the Community Advisory Board is to represent and promote the perspectives of the community in the planning, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of the activities of the Prevention Research Center.
Roles of the Community Advisory Board
- Assisting the Prevention Research Center (PRC) in identifying and understanding the health-related needs and priorities of the community that might be addressed through PRC initiatives.
- Advising the PRC on the development, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of prevention-related research.
- Facilitating links between the community and the PRC for the collaborative efforts in planning, conducting, and disseminating prevention-related research.
- Advising the PRC on strategies to promote prevention-related practices and policies in the community.
- Reviewing and commenting on PRC funding applications, including input into the critical components of the Center's logic model.
- Establishing a linkage with the CDC PRC National Community Committee.
Centro Civico of Amsterdam
Mark S. Baptiste, Ph.D.
Ursula Bauer, Ph.D.
Director, Division of Chronic Disease Prevention and Adult Health
New York State Department of Health
* Margaret DiManno R.N., M.S.
Sabrina J. Marzouka, J.D., M.P.H.
Director, Public Health Information, Planning and Education Division
Dutchess County Health Department
* Eileen Michaels, M.P.H., M.B.A.
Harris Brand Recruiters
Neil Mitnick, DO
Albany Family Practice Group
David Momrow, M.P.H.
Senior Vice President of Cancer Control
American Cancer Society
David Pratt, M.D.
Elliott Shaw, Jr.
Wellcare Albany, NY
* Two representatives from the Community Advisory Board of the Center in Albany serve on the Prevention Research Center National Community Committee. The latter group serves as a linkage for the Community Advisory Boards of all Prevention Research Centers, and also serves an advisory capacity for the national Prevention Research Center program.