Maps to UAlbany SPH
Coming to the School of Public Health from Interstate 90 in Massachusetts or from the Taconic Parkway:
Coming from Massachusetts on the Mass Turnpike, after entering NYS the road continues as the Berkshire Spur of the NYS Thruway (I-90).
Coming from the Taconic Parkway, exit onto I-90 Westbound, headed toward Albany and Buffalo.
- Stay on I-90 westbound to Exit 9 (NYS Rte 4). Exit and head South on Rte 4.
- About 1/4 mile S on Rte. 4 is the first traffic light. Turn Right onto Rte 151.
- About a mile down Rte. 151 is the first traffic light. Turn Left onto Sherwood. (there is no right turn at this light)
- Sherwood runs about 1/2 mile through a residential area and ends on "Columbia Turnpike" (Rtes 9 and 20). Turn Right onto Columbia Turnpike. Continue past K-Mart on the left, and Burger King on the right.
- In about 1/2 to 3/4 mile immediately past a Cottman Transmission shop, there is a traffic signal; the entrance to the Health Sciences Campus is on the right. Turn right at the traffic light.
- Drive past the building under construction to the left and past Regeneron Pharmaceuticals on the right.
- A left turn leads into the SPH parking area. SPH is in the large, buff-colored building (the "George Education Center") to your left as you pull into the parking lane. Entry is through the glass atrium.
There is a small Visitors parking area in front of the building just past the entrance, but often it is full. Usually visitors need to park in the large lot behind the grassy knoll across from the main building.
To reach this lot, go straight through SPH parking and take the first right turn. At the stop sign go straight across the main lane, and in about 40-50 yards, turn right up the slight grade.
We're very easy to locate on campus.
Click here for a map of the Health Sciences Campus.
Printable Directions (pdf format)
[Note: Printable directions are not updated with construction- related changes.]
Printable map (pdf format)