Directions & Parking
The School of Public Health is located on the East Campus of the University at Albany in Rensselaer, just across the Hudson River from downtown Albany.
From north, south or west:
NYS Thruway: take Exit 23 to I-787 North.
Northway: take either Route 7 East or I-90 East to I-787 South.
From I-787: (Map: Albany-Rensselaer)
(Map: SPH area)
- Take the Rensselaer Exit for Rtes. 9 and 20
(across the Hudson River on the Dunn Memorial Bridge)
- At the end of the bridge, stay to the left, following signs to
East Greenbush via Rtes. 9 and 20 (Columbia Turnpike).
- On Rtes. 9 and 20, go to top of hill and take left at traffic light (IMMEDIATELY PAST the large building under construction
on the left).
From the east: (Map)
- Take I-90 West.
- Take Exit 9 to Route 4 South to Routes 9 and 20 (Columbia Turnpike)
- Turn right onto Routes 9 and 20 West.
- Follow Routes 9 and 20 to East Campus entrance on the right (at the first light past the light at K-Mart plaza).
- Turn onto the entrance road.
- Continue past Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
on the right and the building site on your left.
- Take first left after construction. School of Public Health
is in the large, buff-colored building (the "George Education Center")
to your left.
There is a small visitor parking area in front of the building,
but it is often full. To reach additional visitor parking go past the building and take the first right. The two large lots at the end of that driveway are available for visitor parking. There
is a paved walking path from the lot that leads to the building.