Women's Health Training Program
Starting the Healing Process:
Providing Comprehensive Examinations on Individuals Who Have Been Sexually Assaulted
Satellite broadcast presented by
the New York State Department of Health in collaboration with the School of Public Health.
This free satellite broadcast featured information about the updated standards in the NYS Protocol for the Acute Care of the Adult Patient Reporting Sexual Assault. Topics included:
- routine evidence collection during a forensic examination of an adult patients reporting sexual assault
- HIV post-exposure prophylaxis
- emergency contraception
- reimbursement of forensic examinations in hospitals
- updates of the Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner initiatives
- the new Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault Blood and Urine Specimen Collection Kit.
- Lorraine M. Giordano , MD - Dept. of Emergency Medicine, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, NYC
- Nancy Harris, RN, SANE-A, NYSAFE, Nurse Director, Emergency Department, Albany Memorial Hospital, Albany, NY
Margaret Mollnow, Bureau of Women's Health, NYS DOH
Originally broadcast April 14, 2005