Women's Health Grand Rounds
Breastfeeding Anatomy & Physiology/ Breastfeeding Best Practices
Breastfeeding Grand Rounds 1997 sponsored by the NYS Institute for Human Lactation
- Anatomy & Physiology of Breastfeeding; Challenges in Breastfeeding Management
Clinical Lecture by Ruth A. Lawrence, M.D.
Author of Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Profession; Professor of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester
- Best Practices in Breastfeeding Management in the Hospital Setting
Public Health Lecture by
Mary Applegate, M.D., M.P.H.
Medical Director, Bureau of Women’s Health, NYS Department of Health
After viewing the broadcast, participants will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of breastfeeding
- Describe common challenges in breastfeeding management
- Describe best practices in breastfeeding management in the hospital setting
Satellite broadcast originally aired May, 1997
Major support for this program comes from the NYS Department of Health and the USDHHS Material and Child Health Bureau.