Women's Health Grand Rounds
Breastfeeding: Mothers and Babies at Risk
Breastfeeding Grand Rounds 2000 sponsored by the NYS Institute for Human Lactation
- Identifying and Managing Mothers and Babies at Risk
Clinical Lecture by Ruth A. Lawrence, M.D.
Author of Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Profession; Professor of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester
- Breastfeeding and Managed Care
Public Health Lecture by
Mary Applegate, M.D., M.P.H.
Medical Director, Bureau of Women’s Health, NYS Department of Health
- Best Practices in Managed Care
Report on Survey Results by
Marilyn Kacica, M.D., Preventive Medicine Resident, NYS Dept. of Health
After viewing the broadcast, participants will be able to:
- Describe ways to identify and manage mothers and babies at risk.
- Describe the results of a survey on managed care plans and breastfeeding.
- Give at least two ways to promote breastfeeding in managed care and hospital settings.
Satellite broadcast originally aired May 11, 2000
Major support for this program comes from the NYS Department of Health and the USDHHS Material and Child Health Bureau.