Basic Environmental Health Program
Concepts of Water Supply Protection (EH 109)
This two-day in person class covers the following topics:
- Public water supply program mission and elements.
- Hydrology, surface & ground water characteristics, well construction essentials.
- Onsite wastewater treatment systems, realty subdivision regulations.
- Disinfection overview & practical application.
- Contaminants of public health concern.
- Emergency conditions, their causes and responses; boil water notices.
- Water sample collection procedures.
This course also has a field exercise to be completed before taking the course.
First priority for this course is given to local and state health department personnel who are required to take the BEHP. Second priority is given to individuals registered for the Foundations of Public Health Practice certificate program. Other public health staff may register on a space-available basis.