Basic Environmental Health Program Foundations of Public Health Practice
Public Health Microbiology* (PH 103A)
This half-day in person class covers the following topics:
* This course has an online prerequisite.
- Growth curves and factors which affect growth
- Effects of chemical agents and other disinfectants on growth and survival
- Microbial pathogens in the regulated environment
- Detection methods, their limitations and difficulties
- Indicator organisms, their properties and usage
First priority for this course is given to local and state health department personnel who are required to take the BEHP. Second priority is given to individuals registered for the Foundations of Public Health Practice certificate program. Other public health staff may register on a space-available basis.