SPH COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Saturday, May 14, 2016, 2:00pm GEC MAIN LOT
SPH Commencement ceremony will take place OUTSIDE on Saturday, May 14th at 2:00 pm in the George Education Center’s Lot and will recognize Undergraduate, Certificate, Masters, and Doctoral students.
The ceremony typically lasts approximately one hour, and will be immediately followed by a light reception on the lawn. In the event of inclement weather, the reception will be held in the Cancer Research Center.
THE SPH CEREMONY WILL REMAIN OUTDOORS REGARDLESS OF WEATHER CONDITIONS. Please plan accordingly.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY REQUIREMENTS
- Apply for Graduation
• A diploma cannot be issued unless the university has conducted an official degree audit. Apply for graduation through MyUAlbany by March 18.
- Clear up any holds
• A diploma cannot be issued unless all financial obligations are cleared. Also, outstanding disciplinary actions can prevent your graduation.
- Register for the UAlbany Commencement Events Online
• ALL DEGREE CANDIDATES must register online for the Commencement Ceremonies (regardless of whether or not you plan to attend) through MyUAlbany by April 11.
- RSVP for the SPH Commencement Ceremony Online
• ALL DEGREE CANDIDATES must also RSVP online for the SPH Commencement Ceremony by April 22.
- Get your Regalia
• Proper regalia is required for participation in both the University-wide Commencement Ceremony and the School of Public Health Commencement Ceremony. Regalia can be purchased through the University Bookstore and questions can be addressed by calling (518) 442-5690. Doctoral candidates must purchase their regalia by March 28 or rent by April 11. Bachelors and Masters candidates must purchase their regalia by April 29.
SPH COMMENCEMENT TIMELINE
Friday, March 18
Graduate degree applications due. Submit via MyUAlbany.
Monday, March 28 – April 29
Cap and Gown available at the University Bookstore for Bachelors and Masters candidates. Regalia, diploma covers, class rings, announcements and other related items will be available.
Tuesday, March 28
Last day for Doctoral candidates to purchase custom regalia through the University Bookstore.
Monday, April 11
Commencement registration deadline. Submit via MyUAlbany.
Last day to rent Doctoral regalia through the University Bookstore.
Last day for FACULTY to register and reserve regalia for the Commencement Ceremony through the Ualbany Commencement Faculty Portal.
Thursday, April 21
Last day to RSVP for the SPH Commencement Ceremony.
Friday, April 22
Tickets to the SPH Commencement Ceremony will be distributed in the GEC Lobby during Student Poster Day. After this date, tickets can be scheduled to be picked up at the Office of Student Affairs. (email@example.com)
UALBANY MAIN (UPTOWN) CAMPUS GRADUATE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Graduate students are invited to participate in UAlbany’s University Wide Graduate Commencement Ceremony which will be held on Saturday, May 14th at 9:00 a.m. at SEFCU Arena.
Students interested in participating in the university wide ceremony must register. NO TICKETS ARE NEEDED FOR THE MAIN (UPTOWN) CAMPUS CEREMONY.
Click here for information regarding Commencement on the main campus.
HELPFUL UPTOWN CAMPUS COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION
The following links are found on the University at Albany main website regarding Commencement:
ACCOMMODATIONS NEAR EAST CAMPUS
Comfort Inn & Suites (99 Miller Rd, East Greenbush, NY, 518-479-3217)
Fairfield Inn (124 Troy Rd, East Greenbush, NY, 518-477-7984)
Residence Inn (3 Tech Valley Dr, East Greenbush, NY, 518-720-3600)
Americas Best Value Inn (576 Columbia Tpke, East Greenbush, NY, 518-477-9352)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (8 Empire Dr, Rensselaer, NY, 518-286-1011)
Knights Inn (1666 Columbia Tpke, Castleton On Hudson, NY, 518-477-2606)
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown(110 Columbia Tpke, Rensselaer, NY, 518-472-1360)
Red Carpet Inn Albany (500 Northern Blvd, Albany, NY, 518-462-5562)
74 State, an Ascend Collection hotel (74 State St, Albany, NY)
Crowne Plaza City Center (State & Lodge St, Albany, NY)
Hotel Albany (40 Lodge St, Albany, NY, 518-462-6611)
Morgan State House Inn (393 State St, Albany, NY, 1-888-427-6063)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (UPTOWN CAMPUS)