Expertise: Social Demography, Sociology of Families
- Office: 311 Arts & Sciences Building
- Phone: (518) 442-4681
- Mailing Address:
- 1400 Washington Ave.
Arts & Sciences 351
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222
CV: Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Texas at Austin
- M.A., Sociology, University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., Sociology, St. Mary's University
Recent Research Projects
Family and Health Consequences of Imbalanced Sex Ratios in India – This project uses data from the India Human Development Survey, the National Family and Health Survey, and several India censuses to examine the impact of community sex ratio imbalances on health and family-related behaviors.
Adult Sibling Relationships -- This research uses data from the National Survey of Families and Households to examine patterns of contact, closeness, and help given and received among adult siblings. The project also examines the effects of having siblings on other aspects of adult lives.
Sex Ratios and Family Life in China – This research project uses data from the Chinese Health and Family Life Survey and several China censuses to examine the impact of imbalanced sex ratios on family life in China.
- Social Demography
- Sociology of Families
- Fertility and Reproduction
- Children and Youth
- Population Health
- SOC 359: Medical Sociology
- SOC 370: Social Demography
- SOC 470: Cohabitation, Marriage, and Divorce
- SOC 551: Demography
- SOC 665: Families and Households