Expertise: Economic, Political and Miltary Sociology, Globilization
- Office: 301 Arts & Sciences Building
- Phone: please contact by email
- Mailing Address:
- 1400 Washington Ave.
Arts & Sciences 351
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222
CV: Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. 2008, Sociology, New York University
- B.A. 2000, Sociology and American Studies, University of Kansas
Recent Research Projects
Professor Major studies the relationship between structures of global capitalism and their effects on national states. He has conducted research on American welfare state policy making in the 1960s in relationship to the postwar international monetary system. He is also interested in the relationship between business and state elites, and is currently conducting research on the emergence of business conservatism as a defining force in American politics. Professor Major is also conducting research on changing patterns of defense spending since the end of the Vietnam War and their effects on American political and economic development.
Major, Aaron. Forthcoming (Fall 2008). “Which Revolution in Military Affairs?” Armed Forces and Society.
- Economic Sociology
- Political Sociology
- Military Sociology
- SOC 115: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 200: Political Sociology
- SOC 700: War and Militarization of Society
- SOC 701: Varieties of Capitalism