Expertise: Migration/Immigration, Demography, China
- Office: 303 Arts & Sciences Building
- Phone: (518) 442-4676
- Mailing Address:
- 1400 Washington Ave.
Arts & Sciences 351
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222
CV: Curriculum Vitae
- 1992 Ph.D., Sociology, University of Chicago
- 1988 M.A., Sociology, University of Chicago
- 1983 B.A., Mathematics, Jilin University, China
Recent Research Projects
- China International Migration Project -- The major goals of this project are to conduct a survey of international migrants in China's Fujian province and to involve undergraduate students in research.
- Complex Interactions among Policies, People, and Panda Habitat in the Wolong Nature Reserve Landscape -- The major goals of this project are to assess interactions among three policies and local people, to evaluate relationships between local people and panda habitat, to examine the need for feasibility of policy modification and improvement, and to model and simulate multi-scale interactions among policies, people and panda habitat across space and time.
- Interrelationships between Population and Environment -- The major goals of this project are to examine the relationships between fuelwood consumption and household demography and to understand population processes and dynamics.
- Market Transition and Migration in China -- The major goals of this project are to measure patterns of migration in China transition and migration networks.
- Internal and International Migration
- Social Demography
- Urban Sociology
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- China Studies
- SOC 220: Introduction to Social Research
- SOC 221: Statistics for Sociologists
- SOC 282: Race and Ethnicity
- SOC 420Z: Surveys on Sensitive Topics
- SOC 440Z: Immigration in the 21st Century
- SOC 609: Multivariate Analysis
- SOC 622: Event History Analysis
- SOC 665: Migration and Transformation of the World
- SOC 665: Population Development and Environment