2015/2016 Academic year SHIP
Spring 2016 waiver deadline is March 8, 2016. If you waived out for fall 2015 you do not need to waive out for spring 2016.
Waive Out - full time domestic undergraduate students:
- Complete UAlbany course registration for 12 or more credits, for incoming students this takes place during orientation. Wait 2-3 business days for the waiver site to be synchronized. If you attempt to enter the waiver site before registration is complete the waiver system will not have the student loaded and you will recieve an error message that they are unable to find a student record for the submitted information.
- Select "Click Here" Link below.
- Select the link under “Please click to submit a waiver request” titled “2015-2016 University at Albany Waiver Form”
- Enter your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format and student’s University ID number which begins with '00' and select “continue.”
- Fill in the fields under Insurance Information. Certify that student’s health insurance coverage is complaint with the Affordable Care Act. Type your name in the Student Signature field and hit “submit”.
- If you were successful in completing the form you will be presented a Waiver Confirmation page.
- Once the insurance information is reviewed an email will be sent to the UAlbany email account letting you know your insurance waiver was either accepted or denied. Please keep a copy of this email.
- If it was accepted you will not be responsible for the insurance charge.
- If your waiver is denied you will be responsible for the insurance charge (the charge will not be waived off your student account).
You must submit a Waiver each academic year during the open waiver period, if you wish to waive out of the SHIP.
If you successfully waive out of the SHIP after the charge has been added to your account, your real-time student account balance will reflect this change within 7 days. The change will also be reflected on your next tuition E-bill.
It is strongly recommended that a student’s insurance cover medical services (specialists, radiologic and lab services) in the greater Albany area. If your carrier does not participate with medical services in the greater Albany area we recommend you consider purchasing UAlbany’s Student Health Insurance Plan provided by UnitedHealthCare. An alternative option is obtaining additional coverage from your carrier to facilitate care in the greater Albany area.
Enroll in the insurance - full time domestic undergraduates:
- Complete UAlbany course registration for 12 or more credits. Wait 2-3 business days for the waiver site to be synchronized.
- Go to the UAlbany insurance waive/enroll site (https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/albany) and select the Enrollment Form link.
- Enter your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format and student id in the corresponding fields and select “continue.”
- Select the coverage period box under: “Coverage Description : Basic”
- Select the box before: “I elect to purchase insurance coverage under this student insurance plan. Above are the choices I have made”.
- Type your name in the “Payer Signature” box.