2013/2014 Academic year SHIP
Please note that students will only be able to waive out/enroll 2-3 business days after they are registered as a domestic undergraduate with 12 or more credit hours for the applicable semester.
Waive Out - full time domestic undergraduate students:
- Complete UAlbany course registration for 12 or more credits. Wait 2-3 business days for the waiver site to be synchronized. NOTE: If you attempt to enter the waiver site before registration is complete the waiver system will not have the student loaded and you will recieve an error message that they are unable to find a student record for the submitted information.
- Select the link under “Please click to submit a waiver request” titled “2013-2014 State University of New York at Albany Waiver Form”
- Enter your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format and student’s University ID number which begins with 00 (NOTE-THIS IS NOT THE STUDENT’S NETID) in the corresponding fields and select “continue.”
- Fill in the fields under Insurance Information – Enter Insurance Company Name, Company telephone number, Policy number (ID# and Group #) and Policy holder’s name if family plan. Certify that student’s health insurance coverage is complaint with the Affordable Care Act. Type your name in the Student Signature field and hit “submit”.
- If you were successful in completing the form you will be presented a Waiver Confirmation page.
- Once the insurance information is reviewed you will also receive an email letting you know your insurance waiver was either accepted or denied. If it was accepted you will not be responsible for the insurance charge (if it was applied to your student account it will be removed). If your waiver is denied you will be responsible for the insurance charge (you will see the charge on your student account).
If you successfully waive out of the SHIP after the charge has been added to your account, your real-time MyUAlbany student account balance will reflect this change within 7 days after submitting your waiver. The change will also be reflected on your next tuition E-bill.
You must submit a Waiver each academic year during the open waiver period, if you wish to waive out of the SHIP.
It is strongly recommended that a student’s insurance cover medical services (specialists, radiologic and lab services) in the greater Albany area. If your carrier does not participate with medical services in the greater Albany area we recommend you consider purchasing UAlbany’s Student Health Insurance Plan provided by UnitedHealthCare. An alternative option is obtaining additional coverage from your carrier to facilitate care in the greater Albany area.
Enroll in the insurance - full time domestic undergraduates:
- Complete UAlbany course registration for 12 or more credits. Wait 2-3 business days for the waiver site to be synchronized.
- Go to the UAlbany insurance waive/enroll (https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/albany) and select the Enrollment Form link.
- Enter your date of birth in mm/dd/yyyy format and student id in the corresponding fields and select “continue.”
- Select the coverage period box under: “Coverage Description : Basic”
- Select the box before: “I elect to purchase insurance coverage under this student insurance plan. Above are the choices I have made”.
- Type your name in the “Payer Signature” box.