Rockefeller College Co-sponsors SAPA 2014 Public Service Excellence Awards
The State Academy for Public Administration's (SAPA) 2014 Public Service Excellence Awards Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 in Milne Hall, Room 200 at Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy on the downtown campus of the University at Albany. Rockefeller College is a co-sponsor for this year's ceremony.
This year's Public Service Excellence Awards will go to 4 individuals and 4 teams as follows:
Individual Excellence Awards will be made to:
- Franklin Hecht, NYS Office of General Services
- Patricia Hite, NYS Department of Civil Service
- Lawrence Lepak, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Diane Taylor, Office of the State Comptroller
Team Excellence Awards will be made to:
- NYS Inspector General's Department of Motor Vehicles Commercial Drivers License Investigative and Legal Team
- Department of Public Service's East Harlem Incident Investigation Team
- NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services' Homeland Security Strategy Project Team
- Office of Children and Family Services, Division of Juvenile Justice & Opportunities for Youth (DJJOY) NY Crisis Prevention Model Development Team
All awardees for the State Academy's Public Service Excellence Awards will be recognized for their achievements during the ceremony. The Association of Government Accountants also will be recognizing a member of that group during the Awards Program with their 2014 Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award.
Hors d'oeuvres, soft drinks, tea and coffee will be provided.
More information on the Public Service Excellence Awards