Jennifer Maclaughlin, director of careers and internships, shares the following information from the Presidential Management Fellows Program:
Applications now being accepted for the Presidential Management Fellows Program
The PMF Program is a flagship leadership development program at the entry level for advanced degree candidates. The Program attracts and selects the best candidates possible, but is really designed with a more narrow focus - developing a cadre of potential government leaders.
In addition to salary and benefits, the PMF Program gives you a lot in return for your hard work. Your two-year appointment will provide a fast-paced opportunity to gain experience and develop your talents. You will be challenged with opportunities to flourish into a problem solver, strategic thinker and future leader. In addition to working at a single Federal agency, you may have the option to participate in a rotational opportunity at another agency. These rotational opportunities will challenge you even further and give you insight into how other areas of government operate.
While serving as a PMF, you will receive:
- 160 hours of formal classroom training (on leadership, management, policy and other topics)
- Challenging work assignments
- Feedback on your work
- At least one 4 to 6 month developmental assignment
- Potential for accelerated promotions
- A certificate of completion, which permits immediate appointment to a position in the competitive or excepted service and carries prestige anywhere you go thereafter
Eligibility: Open to U.S. citizens who have graduated between December 2010 and August 31, 2013
Application Information: If you are interested in applying to be a PMF, please e-mail Jen Maclaughlin. She will send you important information about applying. The application period is between Monday, November 5 – Monday, November 19, 2012.