rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/1.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/2.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/3.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/4.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/5.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/6.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/7.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/8.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/9.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/10.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/11.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/12.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/13.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/14.jpg; rock_images/random_pagetops/2016/15.jpg;


The Office of Career & Alumni Programs assists matriculated graduate and undergraduate students in obtaining internships relevant to careers in public administration, public policy, and political science.

Why Intern? Internships have many benefits. Experience in the workplace, exploring your field and making valuable contacts are just a few.

Are There Paid Internships? That depends on the employers and their employment requirements.

How Do I Find an Internship that is Right for Me? The Office of Career & Alumni Programs will help guide you to a position that fulfills both academic and career requirements. Call 518-442-5253 for an appointment, email or stop by the office in Milne Hall.

What forms do I need for my internship? Students are required to log their internship by creating both an “Outcome” and “Experience” on Handshake. They are also required to evaluate their internship site and be evaluated by their supervisor. These forms must be completed every semester the student is employed at the internship for. Click here for instructions on how to create an "Outcome" and "Experience."

What forms do I need for my internship? Students are required to fill out a placement form, a student evaluation, and supervisor evaluation.  The placement form needs to be completed PRIOR to beginning the internship experience, and both student and supervisor evaluations should be completed at the end of the internship experience. These are available below for download, hard copies should be returned to the career office in Milne 105.

Track your volunteer hours!  This will allow students to keep track of the hours they spend each semester serving their community. Volunteering is an excellent resume builder, a great way to connect with your community, and an important networking tool. Completing and submitting a service log to the Career Office each semester will:

  • allow you to list hard data on your resume
  • allow Rockefeller College to track the volunteerism of its students
  • give Rockefeller a list of contacts for potential internships/volunteer opportunities

Please submit your Volunteer Hour Logs to the career office on Milne 105.

Post a job or search resumes with Handshake