PhD Admission Requirements & Deadlines
All applicants must apply through the University’s Online Application System. Admissions decisions for the PhD program are made by an admissions committee made up of the concentration directors. Applications will be accepted after the deadline, but not considered for funding, until the cohort is complete.
Deadline for Funding and Admissions for the PhD in Public Administration is December 31
All applicants must apply through the University’s Online Application System. Supplementary materials such as the statement of background and goals and the letters of recommendation should be uploaded into the online application system. Once the application is complete, it will be reviewed by the Rockefeller College admissions committee.
PhD Application Checklist*
Note: all materials must be submitted through the Online Application System.
- Completed Degree Application
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work to date
- Official GRE Scores (GMAT scores are also acceptable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Background and Goals (Special Instuctions)
- $75 Application Fee
* These requirements are for US residents only. There are additional requirements for international students, which can be found on the University's International Student Information Page.