Enrollment VerificationAn Enrollment Verification Form serves as documentation that a student is currently enrolled at the University for a particular semester(s) as a full-time, half-time, or less than half-time student. This form is frequently requested to prove enrollment to health insurance and housing agencies, employers, or others.
Registered students may obtain Enrollment Verifications (proof of enrollment) from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via MYUAlbany according to the following schedule:
Spring Semester: Third week in November
Summer Semester: First week in May
Fall Semester: Third week in April
NOTE: Graduate Assistants, Research Assistants and students without a social security number may not use this service. Please visit the Registrar's Office, Campus Center B-52.
Steps to generate and print an NSC Enrollment Verification Certificate:
• Log on to MyUalbany
• Click on the top navigational link “Academics”
• Choose the Enrollment Verification hyperlink on the bottom left side of the page on the Academics page of MyUAlbany
At the NSC site there are three options:
• Current Enrollment: Choose this option one week before the semester starts and throughout the current semester or
• All Enrollment: Choose this option for previous semesters or
• Advanced Registration: Choose this option before the semester starts
• Once you have selected one of the above options click on the hyperlink "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate"
Additional Details about NSC:
Linking to the NSC site through MyUAlbany identifies you and allows you to securely:
• Print an enrollment verification certificate to send to health insurance and housing agencies, employers, or others.
• View enrollment history
• View enrollment verifications previously provided at your request
• Obtain a list of your student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information
• Check deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to lenders
PARENTS: Parents may generate and print an Enrollment Verification Certificate for your student via the web at http://www.studentclearinghouse.com/. Select the “Verify Current Enrollment” option in the middle of the page after logging on to the site. A fee of $2.50 is charged by the Clearinghouse for this service.
• Have your student print one for free from MyUAlbany (there is a section at the top of the Enrollment Verification for your student to add the insurance policy number).
• If your insurance company has its own form, complete the portion of their form with your policy information and then attach the Enrollment Verification Certificate from the Clearinghouse.
LOAN DEFERMENT: Enrollment Certificates should not be used for deferment purposes. Most lenders and loan servicing organizations that participate in the NSC also participate in our paperless deferment process. With this process, no paper forms need to be completed by either students or schools. Students must simply call their servicer to request deferment. The servicer then posts a deferment to the student's account after the student's verbal order is matched against the NSC electronic data verifying in-school status. National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted:
Phone: (703) 742-4200 Fax: (703) 318-4058
Mail: National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171