An Enrollment Verification Form serves as documentation that a student is currently enrolled at the University for a particular semester(s) as a full-time, half-time, or less than half-time student. This form is frequently requested to prove enrollment to health insurance and housing agencies, employers, or others.
Registered students may obtain Enrollment Verifications (proof of enrollment) from the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) via MyUAlbany according to the following schedule:
Spring Semester: Available beginning at the end of November
Summer Semester: Available beginning the last week of May
Fall Semester: Available beginning at the end of April
NOTE: Graduate Assistants, Teaching Assistants and Research Assistants may not use this service. Please submit the Enrollment Verification Request Form for Graduate Student Assistants (login required) for assistance.
Steps to generate and print an NSC Enrollment Verification Certificate (Click Here for Video)
- Log on to MyUAlbany
- Click on the top navigational link “Academics”
- Scroll down to the "Enrollment Verification" section located in the middle of the page and choose the "Enrollment Verification" hyperlink.
At the NSC site there are three options
- Current Enrollment: Choose this option one week before the semester starts and throughout the current semester or
- All Enrollment: Choose this option for previous semesters or
- Advanced Registration: Choose this option until one week before the semester starts, then choose Current Enrollment
Once you have selected one of the above options click on the hyperlink "Obtain an Enrollment Certificate"
Additional Details about NSC
Linking to the NSC site through MyUAlbany identifies you and allows you to securely:
- Print an enrollment verification certificate to send to health insurance and housing agencies, employers, or others.
- View enrollment history
- View enrollment verifications previously provided at your request
- Obtain a list of your student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information
- Check deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to lenders
Parents may generate and print an Enrollment Verification Certificate for your student via the web at http://www.mystudentcenter.org/. A fee of $2.50 is charged by the Clearinghouse for this service.
- Have your student print one for free from MyUAlbany (there is a section at the top of the Enrollment Verification for your student to add the insurance policy number).
- If your insurance company has its own form, complete the portion of their form with your policy information and then attach the Enrollment Verification Certificate from the Clearinghouse.
Enrollment Certificates should not be used for deferment purposes. Most lenders and loan servicing organizations that participate in the NSC also participate in our paperless deferment process. With this process, no paper forms need to be completed by either students or schools. Students must simply call their servicer to request deferment. The servicer then posts a deferment to the student's account after the student's verbal order is matched against the NSC electronic data verifying in-school status.
Full-time status is certified by the following policy:
- Full-time undergraduate students = 12+ credits per term
- Full-time graduate students = 12+ credits per term
- Full-time graduate students = 9+ credits per term AND a full University assistantship. These students will not be certified as full-time by the NSC. They must submit an Enrollment Verification Request Form for Graduate Student Assistants.
- Full-time graduate students = 1+ credit of courses numbered 899 (Dissertation Load)