How to Publish Multiple Page Pieces
This option for publishing page pieces is a best practice if you are editing multiple page pieces on a particular page. This process ensures that all page pieces are submitted to workflow and released before publishing.
- After you have finished editing your page piece click on the Tasks tab from the top menu on the interface.
- From the menu on the left, expand MyPages.
- Below My Pages expand the menu item Pages Saved as Draft.
- Click on English. This will display any pages that need to be submitted to workflow. If there are no pages that need to be submitted to workflow skip to Step 7.
- Check the boxes of the pages to be submitted to workflow. If there are several pages to be submitted you can right click on one of the pages and click on the Select All Pages option.
- Once the pages are checked right click on the highlighted pages and select Submit to Workflow. Once the pages are submitted to workflow from the Tasks tab this will also Release the pages.
- Click on the Homepage tab from the top menu of the interface.
- Check to see if there are any Pages Waiting for Release.
- If there are any pages in the Pages Waiting for Release area, check the box next to the page and click on the Release selected pages icon.
- After the pages have been submitted to workflow and released click on the SmartEdit tab from the top menu on the interface.
- Navigate back to the page you were editing on your website.
- Open the foundation page by clicking on the Open Page red dot below the Minerva symbol in the logo.
- Right click on the page and select Publish Page from the menu. This will open the Publish window.
- In the Publish window the following three boxes should be checked by default:
a. Send email after publication to: (with your email address in the dropdown field)
- Click the OK button on the bottom right of the page. This will bring you back to the SmartEdit window.
- In a few minutes you will receive an email publishing report notifying you that the page has been published.
- After you receive the email publishing report from RedDot you can check your live web page on the UAlbany website to view your edits.