How to Link to an External Web Page
Links to external web pages (web pages not on your site) can be created within your text using the Text Editor. The example below shows how to add a link within the Body Text in the center content area of the web page.
- Click on the Open Intro Text red dot in the center content area. This will reveal the red dots for the editable areas in the center of the page.
- Click on the Body Text red dot. This will open the Text Editor window displaying the text you already entered in the Body Text area.
- In the Text Editor, highlight the text that you want to link. Make sure you do not highlight any spaces and punctuation before and after the text.
- Click on the Insert or Edit Link icon on the toolbar. This will open the Insert or Edit Link window.
- Select the Internet tab from the top of the Insert or Edit Link window.
- In the URL field type or paste in the web address you want to link to. Note that the "http://" is already in the field next to your URL, so be sure to delete this if it is in the address you typed or pasted. If the link begins with something other than "http://", such as "https://", you can select this option from the dropdown menu.
- Click the OK button on the lower right of the Insert or Edit Link page. This will bring you back to the Text Editor.
- Click the OK button on the bottom right of the Text Editor page. This will bring you back to the SmartEdit window.
- The text that you linked should now display in blue. You can click on the link to test if it is going to the correct page.
- You are now done adding the link and can publish the page piece.