Here is a list of publications from PVC researchers and associates:
- Anderson, Ian, R. Karl Rethemeyer, and Victor Asal. (2010). "Lethal Combinations: Studying the Structure of Terrorist Networks" in Dylan Schmorrow and Denise Nicholson (eds). Advances in Cross-Cultural Decision Making. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Asal, Victor H., R. Karl Rethemeyer, Ian Anderson, Allyson Stein, Jeffrey Rizzo, and Matthew Rozea. (2009). “The Softest of Targets: A Study on Terrorist Target Selection.” Journal of Applied Security Research, 4(3): 258 – 278.
- Asal, Victor H. and R. Karl Rethemeyer. (2009). “Islamist Use and Pursuit of CBRN Terrorism” in Gary Ackerman and Jeremy Tamsett (eds). Jihadists & Weapons of Mass Destruction. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 335-358.
- Beardsley, Kyle and Victor Asal. (2009). “Nuclear Weapons as Shields” Conflict Management and Peace Science, 26 (3): 235-255.
- Beardsley, Kyle and Victor Asal. (2009). “Winning with the Bomb.” Journal of Conflict Resolution, 53 (2): 278-301.
- Asal, Victor H. and R. Karl Rethemeyer. (2008). “Dilettantes, Ideologues and the Weak: Terrorists Who Don’t Kill.” Conflict Management and Peace Science, 25(3): 244-263.
- Asal, Victor H. and R. Karl Rethemeyer. (2008). “The Nature of the Beast: Terrorist Organizational Characteristics and Organizational Lethality.” Journal of Politics, 70(2): 437-449.
- Asal, Victor, C. Christine Fair, and Stephen M. Shellman. (2008). “Consenting to a Child's Jihad.” Studies in Terrorism and Conflict. 20 (5): 1001–1022.
- Asal, Victor, and Paul G. Harwood. (2008). “Search Engines: Terrorism’s Killer App.” Studies in Terrorism and Conflict. 31(7): 641-654.
- Ackerman, Gary and Victor Asal. (2008). “A Historical Overview of Biological Weapons Identification, Characterization, and Attribution” in Anne Clunan, Peter Lavoy, and Susan Martin (eds). Terrorism, War or Disease? Unraveling the Use of Biological Weapons. Palo Alto, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Asal, Victor, and Kyle Beardsley. (2007). “Proliferation and International Crisis Behavior.” Journal of Peace Research, 44(2): 139-155.
- Asal, Victor, and Paul G. Harwood. (2007). “Airing Grievances Online: Search Engine Algorithms and the Fate of Minorities At Risk.” Journal of Information Technology and Politics, 4(3): 3-17.
- Asal, Victor, Brian Nussbaum, and William Harrington. (2007). “Terrorist Transnational Activist Networks.” Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, 30(1): 15-39.
- Asal, Victor, Carter Johnson, and Jonathan Wilkenfeld. (2007). “Ethnopolitical Violence and Terrorism in the Middle East.” In J.J. Hewitt, J. Wilkenfeld, and T. R. Gurr, (Eds.), Peace and Conflict. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers.
- Asal, Victor H. and R. Karl Rethemeyer. (2006). “Researching Terrorist Networks.” Journal of Security Education, 1(4): 65-74.
- Asal, Victor, and Andrew Blum. (2005). “Holy Terror and Mass Killings? Reexamining the Motivations and Methods of Mass Casualty Terrorists.” International Studies Review, 7(1): 153-155.
- Blum, Andrew, Victor Asal, and Jonathan Wilkenfeld. (2005). “Nonstate Actors, Terrorism, and Weapons of Mass Destruction.” International Studies Review, 7(1): 133-137.
Asal, Victor, and Amy Pate. (2005). “The Decline of Ethnic Political Discrimination 1990-2003.” In T. R. Gurr and M. G. Marshall (eds). Peace and Conflict 2005: A Global Survey of Armed Conflicts, Self-Determination Movements, and Democracy. College Park, MD: Center for International Development and Conflict Management.