Rules of the Road
Please observe the following rules when using the campus bus service:
- Only students, faculty and staff who have a valid SunyCard may ride the bus.
- Due to DOT busing regulations, children are not allowed to ride the bus.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled bus departure time.
- Stay away from the street while waiting for the bus.
- Stay away from the bus until it stops completely and the driver signals you to board.
- When boarding the bus, carry your backpack and any other items in front of you, do not leave your backpack on your back!
- When boarding the bus enter the front door, use the handrail and watch your step.
- Take available seats right away and remain seated facing forward.
- Standees must remain behind the white safety line and always use the handrail.
- No eating/drinking/smoking on the bus.
- No use of radio/tape/CD players without the use of headphones.
- Keep your body totally inside the bus while the bus is in motion.
- Do not block the aisle with carry-on baggage, etc.
- Wait until the bus completely stops before standing up.
- Once the driver has committed to traffic the bus cannot stop.
If you have questions regarding these rules, contact Mass Transit Services at 442-3420 or 442-3421.