EFFECTIVE JANUARY 22, 2013, UALBANY MASS TRANSIT SERVICES WILL DISCONTINUE THE STUYVESANT PLAZA/EXECUTIVE PLAZA
TRANSPORTATION IS AVAILABLE VIA THE CDTA RT. 10 SERVICE.
SPECIAL ACCOMODATIONS PLEASE CALL 442-3421
In response to continued construction of the New School of Business project the following parking changes will be made effective sometime between Friday, June 1, 2012 and August 15, 2012. The parking changes are necessary to accommodate the staging area for water tower renovation project.
Reserved UHall parking on the north side of University Hall will be relocated to the south side. In addition all special permit parking between Fine Arts Lane and Earth Science Lane will be moved to State Purple. Handicap parking on Carillion Drive East will remain unchanged.
Work at the Business School building will continue after 8/15/2012; however the work area fencing will be reconfigured.
The new bus shelter at Collins Circle West will be in service 6/1/2012. The existing bus shelter at Collins Circle will be removed from service.
Effective August 27,2011, in response to upcoming construction and in an effort to more clearly delineate
faculty/staff versus student parking areas the following parking changes have been made.
1. Visitor East and Visitor West parking lots on Collins Circle will open on Friday, May 13th
a. One lot will be located north of the current visitor’s parking lot adjacent to Colonial
Quad and the second 50 space parking lot will be located on the east side of Collins
adjacent to State Quad. Each lot will be accessible from Collins Circle.
b. The visitor lot on the west side of Collins Circle will be staffed while the lot on the
east side of Collins Circle will have an automated gate system. Access via tokens for
the East (1A) lot can be purchased at the parking booth at the West (1) lot and then
proceed to the East lot.
c. If an attendant is not on-duty access to the West (1) and East (1A) lots can be
purchased with cash, credit card, token or bar coded guest parking pass.
2. Handicap parking currently on Carillion Drive West will remain for the duration of the
Business school project. Upon completion of the new Business School and the pedestrian
projects on Colonial Drive and Carillion Drive West, the only parking that will return to
these roadways will be handicap parking
3. The SkyDome Project staging plan to set up crane in front of the podium along Carillon
Drive East next to Earth Science will require the temporary relocation of parking to State
purple from June 13 to mid-July.
4. The Podium West Gold (student) parking lot will be changed from student parking to
faculty/staff 8am-4pm effective August 27, 2011. Students may park in this lot after 4pm
and on weekends.
5. The Colonial Purple (faculty/staff) parking lot will be 167 faculty/staff parking spaces 8am-
4pm effective August 27, 2011
6. The number of Faculty/staff parking spaces within Dutch Gold parking lot (north end) will
be decrease by 67 spaces making a self-contained student and faculty/staff parking lot.
August 27, 2011
7. The newly constructed State Gold Annex parking lot next to the State Quad will open June
16, 2011 and is designed for commuter students As such, the lot will be a student Gold lot
with no overnight parking 12mn-7am
8. As always, faculty/staff with valid parking permits may also park in all student parking
lots 24/7 (with the exclusion of Freedom Quad and Empire Commons)
9. SEFCU Visitors Area - 20 visitor parking spaces will be added to the east side of SEFCU
parking lot effective August 1, 2011