School of Social Welfare
- Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness
The Center develops, tests and implements innovative practices and policies addressing the needs of aging persons, their families, and caregivers.
- Center for Human Services Research
Through its research, the Center seeks to strengthen university and community partnerships by conducting research in community-based settings.
- Center for Innovation in Mental Health Research
The Center’s mission is to advance knowledge in the field of mental health using an evidence-based approach.
- Center for the Elimination of Minority Health Disparities
The Center focuses on minority health disparities in the smaller cities and towns of New York.
- Community and Public Service Program (RSSW 290, 291 and 390)
The Community and Public Service Program provides undergraduate students from all disciplines with volunteer community service opportunities for academic credit.
- Courses in Social Welfare
ExcelleShare recruits adult volunteers aged 55+ and matches them with capacity building roles in local nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Family Support and Youth Development
The School of Social Welfare promotes school and community service innovations, consultation, grant writing and demonstration projects.
- Healthy Choices New York
Healthy Choices NY is a statewide initiative to empower older adults by providing evidence-based health promotion programs in community-based settings.
- Healthy Hearts on the Hill "Biggest Winner" to be Announced
- Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
Healthy Hearts on the Hill increases awareness and participation in heart healthy behaviors in Albany’s West Hill and surrounding communities.
- Institute of Gerontology
The Institute and its research center have a multi-pronged approach to the needs of the rapidly growing aging population.
- Internships in Aging Project (IAP)
This project provides education for social workers, stimulating development of new social and healthcare services to Capital District older persons.
- Liberty Partnership Rising Stars Program
The Liberty Partnerships Program is a middle & high school intervention program for students at risk of leaving school.
- New York State Capital Region OASIS Lifelong Learning Program
NYS Capital Region OASIS is an educational program designed to enhance the quality of life for mature adults.
- New York State Social Work Education Consortium
The consortium is a formal partnership to facilitate professional practice in child welfare to improve results for children and families.
- Partnership with New York State Office for the Aging
The Center for Excellence in Aging & Community Wellness shares a Research Associate for research and grant-writing with the NYS Office for Aging.
- RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) of the Capital Region
RSVP Capital Region serves as a clearinghouse linking volunteers aged 55+ with local service organizations meeting critical community needs.
- School of Social Welfare
- School of Social Welfare Faculty Outreach
School of Social Welfare faculty members contribute their expertise to a wide range of national and local organizations.
- Senior Financial Literacy Training and Education Initiative
This project addresses financial literacy among older adults and helps prevent financial exploitation, abuse, and fraud.
- Social Work Student Exchange, Hallym University, South Korea
The University and Hallym University are partner social work schools that encourage yearly student and faculty exchanges.
- Study Tour to South Africa
Students, faculty, scholars, and community practitioners travel to South Africa and other African counties each summer on a study mission.