Welcome to the University at Albany!
New Student Programs facilitates
transition of new students by encouraging the exploration of opportunities, supporting connections to University resources, promoting a sense of pride in
the University and partnering with parents and families.
Orientation: New Student Orientation is designed to help students as they transition
to the social, cultural and academic aspects of the university. We
partner with family members during this exciting time in their student's
life to assist them in understanding the experience their students are
embarking upon. Entering a new community of scholars can be stressful
and we're excited to connect students with resources that will aid in
their success at the University at Albany.
To help you reach your goals and achieve success in the UAlbany community, your Academic Advisor, student Orientation Leader, and many other University representatives are excited to welcome and guide you during your Orientation program.
During Orientation, you will:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor, finalize your class schedule, and receive academic information that will assist you at the start of classes.
- Attend informational sessions to learn about involvement on campus, applied learning opportunities, healthy behaviors, how to succeed academically at UAlbany, and much more!
- Become familiar with classrooms and facilities.
- Receive your SUNYCard student ID.
- Meet new classmates, faculty and staff.
- Connect with an Orientation Leader and learn what it means to be a Great Dane!
Remember to Connect, Explore, and be a GREAT Great Dane!