A journal for poetry, criticism, reviews, stories and essays published by
Ricardo and Isabel Nirenberg since 1998.
See our guidelines. Mail queries and contributions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offcourse gratefully acknowledges the server support provided by The University at Albany.
Issue #67, December 2016
- Alex Cigale, on Russian Absurd, his translations of selected writings of Daniil Kharms, 0-8101-3457-8, Northwestern World Classics, 2017. See also Cigale's translations in Offcourse #41.
- Louis Phillips on Phillips Quarterly #12,
- E.M. Schorb on Dates and Dreams winning the Writer's Digest Self-Published Award for Poetry,
- Fred Skolnik (writing as Fred Russell) on Short Takes II, a chapbook collection available in print at Amazon or as a free PDF file at http://scars.tv/pdf/2016/20161121SHORT_TAKES_II.pdf.
Benjamin Fondane's Cinepoems and Others, Leonard Schwartz ed., NYRB/POETS, ISBN 978-1-59017-900-0. This is the first selection of English translations of Fondane's poems written in French. Fondane was born Benjamin Wechsler in 1898, Iași, Romania, killed in 1944 in Auschwitz by the nazis.
Issue #66, September 2016
- "Skunk Spray" and other poems by Janet Buck
- Three Poems by George Freek
- "Elevator Music" and other poems by Philip Hammial
- "You Could Build a House of Ice with Such Ideas," by Rich Ives
- "The Road Most Travelled By," a story by James Kincaid
- Three Poems by Molly Kirschner
- A story, "Force of Habit," and poems by John P. Kristofco
- Four Poems by Helen Mirkil
- Yves Bonnefoy: In Memory of a Great Poet, by Ricardo Nirenberg
- "Down and Up Cucha-Cucha Street," a story by Ricardo Nirenberg
- Poems by Louis Phillips
- Three Poems by G.B. Ryan
- Three Poems by J.R. Solonche
- Poems by Bob Stout
- "Almeria," a story by Harvey Sutlive
- "The Harrowing of Hell," by Sarah White
- A letter from Louis Armand, followed by R. Nirenberg's review of Armand's "The Combinations"(ISBN 978-0-9571213-6-2, Equus Press, London, UK 2016.)
- Janet Buck —her debut novel, Samantha Stone: A Novel of Mystery, Memoir & Romance, was released by Vine Leaves Press in September, 2016.
- Philip Fried, who was anthologized in Four American Poets, Anthony Costello, ed. The High Window, UK.
- Ian Ganassi —his first book of poems, Mean Numbers, has just been published and is available on Amazon.
Issue #65, June 2016.
Needlepoint by Janet Buck
Issue #64, March 2016.
The witch hazel, first to bloom. 3/15/2016
Issue #63, December 2015
Congratulations to Louis Phillips on his latest book, The Domain of Silence / The Domain of Absence, New and Selected Poems 1963-2015 (ISBN 978-0-912887-19-7), which has just appeared from Pleasure Boat Studio.
Issue #62, September 2015
Medulla Review Publishing just published Chris Crittenden's newest poetry collection, Escape from the Orchard of Wheels.
Rebecca Foust's Paradise Drive has just been published by http://www.press53.com.
Issue #61, June 2015
Issue #60, March 2015
- "The Case of Eldrich von N—", a story by Louis Armand
- "Autumn Thoughts by the River (After Su Tung Po)" and other poems by George Freek
- Poems by Karl Krolow translated by Stuart Friebert
- "Crescent Moon, November" and other poems by John P. Kristofco
- "Flea Market", a story by John P. Kristofco
- "On Nothing", an essay by Ricardo Nirenberg
- Four Poems by S.S. Prasad
- Two Poems by Oliver Rice
- "The Devil's Tavern", a story by E.M. Schorb
- "Climber, thought dead, walks into Katmandu" with more poems by J.R. Solonche
- "Revolution Street" and other poems by Tim Suermondt
- "Vignettes", four short stories by Alzo David-West
- "Kristyrmishl", a story by Robert Wexelblatt
- "The Duel" and "The Family Hero", poems and pictures by Sarah White.
- "A line from Tanizaki Jun'ichiro" and other poems by Mark Young
- Strange Theater, by John Amen, reviewed by Ricardo Nirenberg
Congratulations to Louis Armand on his new book of poems, Indirect Objects, published in 2014 by Vagabond Press, Sydney. ISBN 9 781922 181182.