Since 1998, a journal for poetry, criticism, reviews, stories and essays edited by
Our guidelines. Mail to: email@example.com
Offcourse gratefully acknowledges the server support provided by The University at Albany.
Issue #56, Spring 2014.
- To Stan Johannesen, Offcourser since Summer 2000, on the 2nd. edition of "Sister Patsy" (The Electric Ferry.)
- To Robert Wexelblatt, Offcourser since Summer 2008, on
"The Derangement of Jules Torquemal" just published by Black Scat Books.
- To Michael Fisher on "Libretto for The Exhausted World" (Spuyten Duyvil Press 2013,) which includes his poems in Offcourse #52.
Issue #55, December 2013. Happy Holidays!
Anna Akhmatova, by Sarah White.
(The spider is the wicked Andrei Zhdanov, who had her expelled from the Writers' Union.)
- Poems by Carlos Barbarito, translated from the Spanish by Ricardo Nirenberg.
- "Palimpsest" and Other Poems by Francis Blessington.
- "Cast-iron Fate" and "Booming Silence", by Janet I. Buck.
- New Poems by Chris Crittenden.
- "Warmth, Distance, Letters, Changes", a story set in North Korea, by Alzo David-West.
- "Mirror" and Other Poems by Dave Malone.
- "On Being Awake at Night", a Poem by Jac Nelson.
- "Voyage to Greece, 1992" by Ricardo Nirenberg.
- "The Executioner Burned the Books" and Other Poems by Oliver Rice.
- "Controlled Hallucinations" by John Sibley Williams, reviewed by R. Nirenberg.
Issue #54, September 2013.
- Two Poems by Jesse Back.
- "Peacock Plumes," a Poem in Memory of Elisha Porat, by Janet I. Buck.
- "Terminal Terminal" and other poems by Ian Ganassi.
- "How Bones are a Better Bet" and other poems by Mercedes Lawry.
- "On Horace's Ode I.28" by Ricardo Nirenberg.
- Five Poems by Simon Perchik.
- "Albeit, they say" and "Whatever", two poems by Oliver Rice.
- "Twenty-one Attempts at the Williams Matthews Challenge to Ruin, with the Least Possible Change, a Famous Line of Poetry" and other poems by J.R. Solonche.
- "Maundy Thursday" and other poems by Hilda Weaver.
- "Count Mactenburg" by Robert Wexelblatt.
- "Mallarmé's Advice to Smokers and Poets," by Sarah White.
- "Still Life with Adultery," a story by Meeah Cross-Williams.
- "The Journey from Omsk" and "Para trope" by Mark Young.
- John Amen reviews Hyperlinks of Anxiety, the new book of poems by Daniel Y. Harris (Cervena Barva Press 2013, ISBN: 978-09883713-4-7).
Issue #53, Summer 2013.
- "Scars of Failure" and more poems by William Alton.
- New Poems by Christopher Barnes.
- "The Trade," a story by Joachim Frank.
- "She Ain't Done Yet" and other poems by John Grey.
- "Dinner Meeting on a Damp Night" and other poems by Jacqueline Jules.
- New Poems and Paintings from "TimeWave Zero" by Rebecca Lu Kiernan.
- "Transubstantiation," a story by John P. Kristofco.
- "The Obama Hater," a story by Ricardo Nirenberg.
- "A Rabbi, a Chicken and a Marriage," a story by Louis Arthur Norton.
- "Illusion of Depth" and other poems by Jared Pearce.
- "The Streetlight," a story by Lea Peterson.
- "A Very Practical Nurse," a story by E.M. Schorb.
- "Wanda's Tunnel," a story by Corey Smith.
- "Moving On," a story by C.M. Vitali.
- "Barn Life" and other poems by Pui Ying Wong.
- "Mao's Little Red Guard," a story by Weihua Zhang.
- Contributor Miriam Kotzin published two books in 2012: The Real Deal, (BrickHouse Books/ Stonewall Press) and a book of poems, The Bodies' Bride (David Roberts Books). See a review of "The Real Deal" by R.Nirenberg.
We announce with great sadness the sudden death of our contributor, Israeli writer Elisha Porat, the 1996 winner of Israel's Prime Minister's Prize for Literature. He was buried on the eve of Passover at his kibbutz Ein Hahoresh.
Jorge Majfud's new book, CRISIS, was published in 2012 by Baile del Sol, Tenerife.
Issue #52, March 2013.
Congratulations to David Nirenberg on the recent publication of "Anti-Judaism, The Western Tradition" (Norton 2013, ISBN 978-0-393-05824-6.)
"From Nabuchadnezzar to Negroponte: Three Millennia of Millennialism" appeared in Issue #5, Fall 1999.