A journal for poetry, criticism, reviews, stories and essays published by
Ricardo and Isabel Nirenberg since 1998.
See our guidelines. Mail queries and contributions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Offcourse gratefully acknowledges the server support provided by The University at Albany.
Issue #68, Spring 2017
Congratulations to Offcourse authors on their recent publications:
Issue #67, December 2017
- Alex Cigale, on Russian Absurd, his translations of selected writings of Daniil Kharms, 0-8101-3457-8, Northwestern World Classics, 2017. See also Cigale's translations in Offcourse #41.
- Louis Phillips on Phillips Quarterly #12,
- E.M. Schorb on Dates and Dreams winning the Writer's Digest Self-Published Award for Poetry,
- Fred Skolnik (writing as Fred Russell) on Short Takes II, a chapbook collection available in print at Amazon or as a free PDF file at http://scars.tv/pdf/2016/20161121SHORT_TAKES_II.pdf.
Benjamin Fondane's Cinepoems and Others, Leonard Schwartz ed., NYRB/POETS, ISBN 978-1-59017-900-0. This is the first selection of English translations of Fondane's poems written in French. Fondane was born Benjamin Wechsler in 1898, Iași, Romania, killed in 1944 in Auschwitz by the nazis.
Issue #66, September 2016
- "Skunk Spray" and other poems by Janet Buck
- Three Poems by George Freek
- "Elevator Music" and other poems by Philip Hammial
- "You Could Build a House of Ice with Such Ideas," by Rich Ives
- "The Road Most Travelled By," a story by James Kincaid
- Three Poems by Molly Kirschner
- A story, "Force of Habit," and poems by John P. Kristofco
- Four Poems by Helen Mirkil
- Yves Bonnefoy: In Memory of a Great Poet, by Ricardo Nirenberg
- "Down and Up Cucha-Cucha Street," a story by Ricardo Nirenberg
- Poems by Louis Phillips
- Three Poems by G.B. Ryan
- Three Poems by J.R. Solonche
- Poems by Bob Stout
- "Almeria," a story by Harvey Sutlive
- "The Harrowing of Hell," by Sarah White
- A letter from Louis Armand, followed by R. Nirenberg's review of Armand's "The Combinations"(ISBN 978-0-9571213-6-2, Equus Press, London, UK 2016.)
- Janet Buck —her debut novel, Samantha Stone: A Novel of Mystery, Memoir & Romance, was released by Vine Leaves Press in September, 2016.
- Philip Fried, who was anthologized in Four American Poets, Anthony Costello, ed. The High Window, UK.
- Ian Ganassi —his first book of poems, Mean Numbers, has just been published and is available on Amazon.
Issue #65, June 2016.
Needlepoint by Janet Buck