Publications and Presentations
In addition to books, researchers and staff share findings with many different audiences.
- Poverty and performance in NYS: What can we learn from best practice research? Presentation at NYSASCD Symposium, Turning High-Poverty Schools in High-Performing Schools, November 2014.
- The A,B,Cs of Graduating At-Risk Students on Time. Presentation at NYSSBA Annual Convention, October 2014.
- Beyond Personalization: Contrasting Approaches to Policy Changes in Two Rural Schools, presentation at the American Education Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, April 2014.
- Wilcox, K.C. (2014, April). Innovations to increase Native American graduation rates: A case study. Round table presentation at AERA Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Graduating At-Risk Students on Time, presentation to the Data Analysis Technical Assistance Group, March 2014. Presentation slides.
- University at Albany Researchers Identify Ways Schools Succeed in Graduating At-Risk Students. On Board, March 2014.
- Poverty and Its Effect on Students' Ability to Learn, NYSASCD and Capital Region BOCES Symposium, panel discussion, November 5, 2013. Presentation slides and brochure.
- Wilcox, K.C. (2013, April). Diversity, poverty and resilience: Results from a multiple case study of higher-achieving elementary schools. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA. Presentation slides.
- Wilcox, K.C. (2013) A socioecological view of higher-performing diverse elementary schools. Journal of Education for Students Placed At Risk.
- A Data-Driven, Research-Based Approach to Improving Practice:The NYKids COMPASS Tool, presentation to the Data Analysis Technical Assistance Group, July 2012.
- Building Adaptive and Resilient High Schools, presentation to the National Center on Scaling Up Effective Schools, June 2012. Video (Panel 6, 0:15:23).
- Best Practice in Middle School Science. Journal of Science Teacher Education, March 2013 and Online First, May 2012.
- UAlbany identifies factors explaining higher performance among 'critical needs' elementary students. On Board, May 2012.
- The Impacts of a University Partnership on the Use of Research in School Improvement Efforts, presentation to the American Educational Research Association (AERA), April 2012.
- Collect.Analyze.Act: Follow the data to success. Principal Leadership, March 2012.
- Rallying Your Leadership Team: Putting Evidence-based Decision Making into Action, presentation to the National Association of Secondary School Principals, March 2012.
- Using Data to Support Performance of Critical Needs Students, presentation to the Data Analysis Technical Assistance Group, October 2011.
- Poverty, performance, and frog ponds: What best-practice research tells us about their connections. Phi Delta Kappan, November 2011. Abstract.
Last updated or reviewed 5/12/2014