Case Studies of Higher-Performing Middle Schools
Case studies were produced as part of a larger study of middle schools conducted during the 2006-07 school year. Research teams investigated ten consistently higher-performing and six consistently average-performing middle schools based on student performance on New York State Assessments of 8th-grade English Language Arts and Mathematics.
Research teams used site-based interviews of teachers and administrators, as well as analysis of supportive documentation, to determine differences in practices between higher- and average-performing schools in the sample.
- Binghamton City SD, West MS
- Holland Central SD, Holland MS
- Huntington UFSD, J. T. Finley MS
- New Rochelle City SD, Albert Leonard MS
- Niagara Falls City SD, Niagara MS
- Port Chester-Rye UFSD, Port Chester MS
- Queensbury UFSD, Queensbury MS
- Sherrill City SD, Vernon-Verona-Sherrill MS
- Utica City SD, John F. Kennedy MS
- Westbury UFSD, Westbury MS