Since 2004 the goal of Know Your Schools~for NY Kids (NYKids) has been to help schools learn from other schools that are performing well.
To that end, under the leadership of the University at Albany’s School of Education, the project has been conducting studies of higher- and average-performing schools to identify best practices as well as displaying school assessment data in a variety of web-based charts and graphs that enable schools to see how they are doing compared with other, similar schools. The project began as a partnership with The Business Council of New York State and the New York State Education Department in affiliation with the national Just for the Kids project.
Who We Are
- Robert Bangert-Drowns, Advisory Board Chair; Dean, School of Education
- Kristen Wilcox, Principal Investigator; Assistant Professor,
Department of Educational Theory and Practice
- Betsey Schuhle, Director
- Karen Gregory, Co-Investigator, NYKids ELL Study
- Susan D. Phillips, Executive Advisor; Professor, Counseling Psychology, School of Education
- Various public and private, including AT&T, IBM, State Farm Insurance, the Broad Foundation, and the State of New York