Welcome to a resource to support school improvement in New York State.
Upcoming presentations on NYKids research:
"Beating the Odds with Poverty-Challenged Youth: Schools Getting Better at Betting Better" on Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2017 from 9 AM to Noon at UAlbany Health Sciences Campus, Room 110A. See details here.
International TESOL Convention, March 2017 in Seattle. "Promising Practices for Elementary English Learners: A System-Wide Approach" on Friday, March 27, 2017 at 3 PM in Grand Ballroom A, Conference Hotel.
Drs. Kristen C. Wilcox and Kathryn Schiller presented recently at the REL Northeast & Islands webinar Bridge Event: Schools Beating the Odds: Implications for Research and Practice
December 7, 2016 See details here and presentation slides here.
New book on the Common Core Implementation Study, click here.
NYKids researchers teamed up with other School of Education faculty to complete Common Core related research projects in 2014- 2015. Click on the following link to see findings from the Study of the Practices & Processes of Odds-Beating Schools .
The mission of NYKids is to:
1. Inform schools about best practices. See our...
- "Find Your School" and Survey Tools [available upon request] to help you look at your own school’s practices
- Collections on specific issues related to school improvement:
2. Inspire schools by reporting best practices from the field. See our...
3. Improve schools through localized, targeted programs of professional development. See our...
- COMPASS Professional Development and CTLE tools
- Framework of best practices at each level, with evidence to support them
Click on the links on the sidebar to navigate this site.
Visit our About Us page!