Welcome to a resource to support school improvement in New York State.
Upcoming presentations on the NYKids Study of Promising Practices for Supporting English Language Learner Achievement:
CASDA English Language Learner Leadership Institute, Thursday, September 29th at UA East Campus. For more information, see www.casdany.org/ell-institute.
DATAG State Conference, Friday, October 14, 2016 in Albany, NY. Details coming soon.
NYS 2016 TESOL Convention, November 4-5, 2016 in Syracuse, NY. Details coming soon.
New book on the Common Core Implementation Study, click here.
NYKids researchers teamed up with other School of Education faculty to complete Common Core related research projects in 2014- 2015. Click on the following link to see findings from the Study of the Practices & Processes of Odds-Beating Schools .
The mission of NYKids is to:
1. Inform schools about best practices. See our...
- "Find Your School" and Survey Tools [available upon request] to help you look at your own school’s practices
- Collections on specific issues related to school improvement:
2. Inspire schools by reporting best practices from the field. See our...
3. Improve schools through localized, targeted programs of professional development. See our...
- COMPASS Professional Development and CTLE tools
- Framework of best practices at each level, with evidence to support them
Click on the links on the sidebar to navigate this site.
Visit our About Us page!