Institute of Nonprofit Leadership and Community Development
In July 2016, the University at Albany launched an innovative new research institute to coordinate its multidisciplinary engagement efforts with the Capital Region’s nonprofit sector. Building on the award-winning Emerging Issues in the Nonprofit Sector seminar series, the Institute for Nonprofit Leadership and Community Development is a collaborative effort of Albany Law School and UAlbany’s Schools of Business, Public Health, Social Welfare, and Rockefeller College of Public Affairs & Policy. Our goal is to:
- Expand the University’s collaboration with the nonprofit sector;
- Support scholarly community-based research on issues affecting the nonprofit sector;
- Stimulate the exchange of ideas among scholars and practitioners;
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to organizations;
- Create affordable professional development opportunities for nonprofit leaders; and
- Expand nonprofit management degree and certificate programs and courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.