January 31, 2008
Alumni Association Announces New Scholarship for School SpiritThe University at Albany Alumni Association is offering six scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students for the 2008-09 academic year, including a new scholarship recognizing school spirit.
The new scholarship, the Life Member Spirit Scholarship ($1,000), will be awarded to a UAlbany student who demonstrates outstanding school spirit and commitment to the University and its student body.
Other Alumni Association scholarships are as follows:
- The Class of 1972 Scholarship ($750), awarded to a graduating UAlbany senior planning to enter full-time graduate study at the University during the next academic year.
- The Agnes E. Futterer Memorial Fellowship ($1,000), awarded to a senior entering graduate study in theater or theater-related fields at UAlbany or any other accredited institution or recognized theater program.
- The Albert N. Husted Fellowship ($1,000), given to a senior planning for full-time graduate study in any area of study at the University or any other accredited university.
- The Adna W. Risley Memorial Scholarship ($500), awarded to a UAlbany senior pursuing a graduate degree in history.
- The Bertha Brimmer Legacy Scholarship ($1,500), awarded to a current or incoming freshman or transfer student who is the child or grandchild of an alumnus/a.
Award applications are available at the Alumni Association, Graduate Admissions and Financial Aid Office. Applications are due March 1. View more information on Alumni scholarships or call Melissa Samuels at (518) 442-3083.
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds