For UAlbany Honors College junior Cameron Waldman, "ethics is extremely empowering."Read More
Media Advisory: UAlbany Center Kicks-Off "Biggest Winner" Community Health Initiative
Center announces grants from NYS Department of Health, Bronx Health REACH and the Centers for Disease Control to support the Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
ALBANY, N.Y. (April 22, 2009) --
The Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition will inaugurate the Biggest Winner initiative, a program to steer members of the West Hill community toward better health through exercise, nutritional choices, and access to health care.
The coalition will announce grants and support from the NYS Department of Health, and Bronx Health REACH and the Centers for Disease Control.
• Gerald D. Jennings, Mayor of Albany
• Philip McCallion, Director, Center for Excellence in Aging Services, School of Social Welfare, University at Albany
• Lisa Ferretti, Operations Director, Center for Excellence in Aging Services and Co-Chair of the Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
• Bob Paeglow, MD, Director, Koinonia Primary Care and Co-Chair of the Healthy Hearts on the Hill Coalition
• Elizabeth Higgins, MD, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Student Services, Albany Medical College
Thursday, April 23, 4 p.m.
Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church
513 Clinton Avenue, Albany
For more news, subscribe to UAlbany's RSS headline feeds
Educationally and culturally, the University at Albany-SUNY puts "The World Within Reach" for its 18,000 students. An internationally recognized research university with 58 undergraduate majors and 128 graduate degree programs, UAlbany is a leader among all New York State colleges and universities in such diverse fields as public policy, nanotechnology and criminal justice. With a curriculum enhanced by 300 study-abroad opportunities, UAlbany launches great careers. For more information about this globally ranked University, visit www.albany.edu. For UAlbany's extensive roster of faculty experts, visit www.albany.edu/news/experts.shtml.