(April 7, 2006)
Commencement Weekend is May 20 and 21, and President Kermit L. Hall and our 2,500 graduates and their parents would love to see you there!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Graduate Ceremony, Saturday, May 20,
Recreation and Convocation Center, 9 a.m. Be in
the gym (Physical Education Building) by 8:15.
- Undergraduate Ceremony, Sunday, May 21, New
Library Lawn, 10 a.m. Be in the West CETL Room
(Science Library) by 9:15.
- Order your regalia at the bookstore. If you
want to order a specific hood, place your order
by April 14. All orders placed after April 14
will come with UAlbany hoods.
- Last day to order regalia is May 10.
(UAlbany hoods only)
- For the first time, beautiful, custom
UAlbany doctoral regalia is available. If you
have a doctorate from UAlbany and would like to
place an order, contact Dixie Botts in the
bookstore (442-5698) by April 14.
- Send a note to the Commencement Office, UAB
email@example.com (if you
haven't already), letting us know that you plan
to march and which ceremony (both would be
greatly appreciated). We want to reserve the
appropriate number of chairs.
- We need eight faculty members in academic regalia to shake hands with the graduates as they come out of the gym the morning of graduation. These faculty members will follow the last students to the library lawn and join the rest of the marching faculty. If you're willing to take on this assignment, please call Linda Wheeler at 437-4907 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE YOU AT COMMENCEMENT!