Make a Gift to the Music Department
Gifts to the Department of Music in the College of Arts and Sciences...
- Provide scholarships for deserving students
- Attract and retain distinguished faculty
- Strengthen programs
- Enrich the campus experience and the greater community
As part of a long tradition, the Department of Music continues to provide concerts and recitals that feature national and local artists as well as showcase our own faculty. Each year, members of the community and thousands of students benefit from attending these live performances.
Any contribution, large or small, will help us meet the expenses involved in producing concerts and recitals. You may not realize that we have to purchase or rent scores and parts for our choral and instrumental ensembles. Often, we also have to pay royalties and fees to performers. Our instruments and our performance spaces require constant and costly maintenance. Here are some examples of what your donation can provide:
- $100: 4-5 large scores for the Music Library
- $250: a music software upgrade
- $500: a performance master class
- $1,000: an instrument for our orchestra
We ask you to help us to keep the music going. By giving us a tax-deductible donation, you can become a partner with us in providing a vital forum for the arts in our community. YOUR SUPPORT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE!
To ensure that your gift goes directly to the Department of Music:
- Online: Answer "College/School/Department" in the space next to, "Please designate my gift to..." Then indicate Music Department under "Comments."
- Mail: Indicate Music Department in the memo field.
- Phone: Please designate your gift to the Music Department during your phone call.
Click here for further details on how to make a gift now:
The Department of Music thanks you for your generous help.
Find more ways to support the College of Arts and Sciences...
Request more information about how you can support the University at Albany...