Multicultural Resource Center
The Multicultural Resource Center, located on the third floor of the Campus Center in room 346, enhances the University commitment to social justice and diversity by supporting students of all backgrounds and cultural identities.
NCBI Training dates Fall 2014
The NCBI Welcoming Diversity workshop is an experiential program consisting of a series of incremental activities that helps participants to:
- Celebrate their similarities and differences,
- Recognize misinformation they've learned about various groups including their own and,
- Learn skills for dealing effectively with offensive remarks and behaviors
Please click on the date below to sign up for this training
Welcoming Diversity, Sunday Nov. 16th 10am-2pm CC375 (Lunch will be provided)
Trouble the Water, Tuesday, Dec. 2nd 9am - 1pm (lunch will be provided) Location: CC 375
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for Trouble The Waters Workshop
The NCBI Trouble the Waters workshop includes a viewing of the Academy Award nominated documentary that takes you inside hurricane Katrina in ways many have never seen before. Participants analyze issues related to race, class and governmental responsibility.
The MRC staff work to improve the campus climate for African, Latino, Asian and Native American (ALANA) students, as well as assist in the training and education of all members of the UAlbany community around topics of diversity, inclusion, multiculturalism and cultural competency. The center is a valuable resource for faculty, staff and students looking for information regarding diversity and inclusion or just a great place to network with faculty, staff and scholars.
About the Center
- The Multicultural Resource Center is part of the Office of Intercultural Student Engagement and the Division of Student Success.
- The hours of operation varies each semester, please call (518) 442-5565 Monday thru Friday 9am to 4pm for the latest schedule.
- Contact us by email: OMSSGA@albany.edu
The Multicultural Student Success Graduate Assistant within the Office of Intercultural Student Engagement
MRC Social Media Sites
Facebook Twitter MyInvolvement