Requirements for Admission
Applications to the M.A. in Liberal Studies should be submitted to the Graduate Studies Office. Students wishing to start in the Fall semester should submit complete applications by March 15; those who wish start in the Spring semester should submit complete applications by November 1.
Completed applications must include:
(1) Transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate-level work
(2) GRE scores
(3) A TOEFL score (for non-native speakers)
(4) At least three letters of recommendation
(5) A statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s intellectual goals and interest in this program
(6) A sample of critical writing.
We welcome non-degree applications from students who wish to attend and take classes without completing the degree requirements.
Due to limited university funding, assistantship support is not available for Liberal Studies students.