Living Off Campus > Unoccupied Apartment
Will Your Apartment Be Unoccupied for any Length of Time Over the Summer?
If yes, please see the tips below:
- Sign up with the Albany Police Department (APD) for a "Vacation Check" . by downloading, completing and submitting a Vacation Check Form
This service lets APD know when you expect to be away so they can give your residence off campus some extra attention.
- Remove anything of extreme value.
- Notify a trusted neighbor that you'll be gone and ask him/her to watch your apartment.
- Cancel all deliveries and have all mail held or forwarded by the post office.
- Arrange for your neighbor to keep your porch and/or doorway clear of advertising and other materials.
- Check all doors and windows to make sure they are securely locked.
- Close all first floor blinds and/or curtains.
- Use automatic timers to turn lights on and off at predetermined times.
Have a Safe and Secure Summer!