Be a Good Neighbor
As a member of the Albany community, we encourage you to become involved in your community and neighborhood. The University works with the community, other local colleges and the city to provide some of the following programs
- Off-Campus Parties/Social Gatherings and You
- As a student, your behavior while living off campus greatly impacts your neighbor’s image of all University students. Please see our Off Campus Party Information
- Off-Campus Student Survival Guide; How to be Safer and a Better Neighbor
- Printed and disseminated by a collaboration of UAlbany’s Office of Personal Safety & Off-Campus Affairs, CSR Safety/Security, Pine Hills Neighborhood Association and Beverwyck Neighborhood Association to get important safety information to students
See the Survival Guide
- Off Campus Hotline for University Students
- Are there problems with the students or neighbors in your neighborhood? The University will try to help!! Call the University at Albany “Off Campus Hotline” at 442-5888. The hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Midtown Neighborhood Watch
- A partnership between UPD, the Albany Police Department, the College of St. Rose Safety/Security and the Pine Hills and Beverwyck Neighborhood Associations which provides patrols that serve as “eyes and ears” for APD as well as disseminate safety information and tips in the midtown area.
See the Program Brochure and Application