More Information on Physics
Student Learning Objectives Physics
Bachelor of Science
- Students will master Newton's Law.
- Students will master basic electricity and magnetism.
- Students will master advanced mechanics (Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations).
- Students will understand the fundamental nature of measurement in the scientific method, the role of experimental uncertainty in comparing theory to experiment.
- Students will master writing clear and complete reports of laboratory measurements.
Master of Science
- Students will demonstrate either an ability to conduct supervised research or an advanced mastery of basic concepts.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to conduct independent research.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to review and present relevant background literature.
- Students will demonstrate a mastery of advanced concepts.