1984– University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY
Administrative Officer (Spanish Speaking) - Department of Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies (LACS)
- Provisional academic and career advisor to department majors, minors, and graduate students.Outreach and recruitment assistant.
- Office administrator/manager.
- Department liaison to faculty, students, and neighboring community.
- Accounts manager.
- Work-Study-Student Supervisor.
- Events Coordinator.
- Department Webpage Maintenance
1988–2004 Hindelang Criminal Justice Research Center -
Rockefeller College, University at Albany, SUNY Albany, NY
Project Support Specialist - Survey / Study translator (Rochester Youth Development Study)
2000 United States Census Bureau, Albany, NY - Spanish-speaking support staff to study (part-time).
BS - Empire State College, SUNY, Saratoga, NY
- Community and Human Services- Multicultural Student Education
AAS - Drake Business, New York, NY
- Major: Business Administration
Certified Supervisor - Albany, NY
Supervising New York (1991-1994) - Office of Civil Service, NYS
- University Academic Advisory Committee (2007)
- Commencement Ceremony Host (Marshal) (1996 -)
- Mentor (University Faculty Mentor Program), University at Albany (1995- )
- Sexual Harassment Advisor (1990 - )
- Student Group Mentor (Fuerza Latina) (1990- )
- Initiatives for Women (IFW) Awards Selection Committee (2007)
- Commissioner, University Commission for Affirmative Action. (1999-2006) (appointed by University President)
- Chair, Affirmative Action Grants Committee (2000-2006)
- University Police Department Advisory Board Member (2003-2005)
- Associate, National Coalition Building Institute – NCBI (2002-2004)
- Associate, Fundraising Campaign for President Karen Hitchcock’s
- New Frontiers Fund for Initiatives for Women (IFW) (2003 -2005)
- Student Group Mentor (Omega Phi Beta Sorority Inc. (2002-2007)
- President’s Diversity Task Force Member (2001- 03)
- Chair, Alianza Latina, University at Albany (co-founder) (2000- 05)
- Member, Racial Concerns Committee (1988 –95)
- Chair, Alianza Latina Events Committee (1997-00)
- Awards for Excellence in Support Service Selection Committee (1992/1995)
- University Community Council (1989-92)
- Member, Women’s Concerns Committee (1987-94)
- Facilities Committee (1990)
- Secretarial/Clerical Council Steering Committee (1988 – 90)
Microsoft applications and Adobe Dreamweaver
Related Training : Integrated Academic Systems (PeopleSoft Programming)
Macromedia Dreamweaver (web site design)
- Bilingual - proficient in Spanish and comprehension of spoken Portuguese.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and take initiative; ability to anticipate needs and priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, to work at a fast pace and produce on- deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant and professional demeanor, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Certified in “The Protection of Human Participants in Research” (2002)
- Certificate of Completion: Save-A-Life Training, University Counseling Center (2007)