1984– University at Albany, SUNY, Albany, NY
Administrative Officer (Spanish Speaking) - Department of Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies (LACS)
Provisional academic and career advisor to department majors, minors, and graduate students.Outreach and recruitment Assistant.
Department liaison to faculty, students, and neighboring community.
1988–2004 Hindelang Criminal Justice Research Center -
Rockefeller College, University at Albany, SUNY Albany, NY
Project Support Specialist - Survey / Study translator (Rochester Youth Development Study)
2000 United States Census Bureau, Albany, NY - Spanish-speaking support staff to study (part-time).
BS - Empire State College, SUNY, Saratoga, NY
- Community and Human Services- Multicultural Student Education
AAS - Drake Business, New York, NY
- Major: Business Administration
Certified Supervisor - Albany, NY
Supervising New York (1991-1994) - Office of Civil Service, NYS
- University Academic Advisory Committee (2007)
- Commencement Ceremony Host (Marshal) (1996 -)
- Mentor (University Faculty Mentor Program), University at Albany (1995- )
- Sexual Harassment Advisor (1990 - )
- Student Group Mentor (Fuerza Latina) (1990- )
- Initiatives for Women (IFW) Awards Selection Committee (2007)
- Commissioner, University Commission for Affirmative Action. (1999-2006) (appointed by University President)
- Chair, Affirmative Action Grants Committee (2000-2006)
- University Police Department Advisory Board Member (2003-2005)
- Associate, National Coalition Building Institute – NCBI (2002-2004)
- Associate, Fundraising Campaign for President Karen Hitchcock’s
- New Frontiers Fund for Initiatives for Women (IFW) (2003 -2005)
- Student Group Mentor (Omega Phi Beta Sorority Inc. (2002-2007)
- President’s Diversity Task Force Member (2001- 03)
- Chair, Alianza Latina, University at Albany (co-founder) (2000- 05)
- Member, Racial Concerns Committee (1988 –95)
- Chair, Alianza Latina Events Committee (1997-00)
- Awards for Excellence in Support Service Selection Committee (1992/1995)
- University Community Council (1989-92)
- Member, Women’s Concerns Committee (1987-94)
- Facilities Committee (1990)
- Secretarial/Clerical Council Steering Committee (1988 – 90)
- Amsterdam Hispanic Heritage Foundation Inc. (AHHF) (co-founder) (1989-1994)
- Community Events Organizer (AHHF) (1990-1993)
2004 – Alianza Latina Service Recognition Award
2001 - Bread & Roses Award
1994 – University Excellence in Support Service Award
1989 – Martin Luther King University Service Award
1986, 2005 – Fuerza Latina Student Service Award
Trainer - Angelo del Toro Youth Leadership Institute, (2001 - ).
Panelist – Education Opportunity Program (EOP)
Academic Success Session (July 2002, 2003)
Member - Centro Cívico of Albany Anniversary and Award Banquet
Technical skills Microsoft Applications
Integrated Academic Systems (PeopleSoft Programming)
Macromedia Dreamweaver (web site design)
Webpage design and maintenance for:
Department of Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies at the University at Albany, SUNY (http://www.albany.edu/lacs)
Small Axe Symposium (http://www.albany.edu/smallaxesymposium)
Alianza Latina (http://www.albany.edu/Alianza_Latina)
- Bilingual - proficient in Spanish and comprehension of spoken Portuguese.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and take initiative; ability to anticipate needs and priorities.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, to work at a fast pace and produce on- deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant and professional demeanor, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Certified in “The Protection of Human Participants in Research” (2002)
- Certificate of Completion: Save-A-Life Training, University Counseling Center (2007)