GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Latin American and Caribbean Studies
(Application code: 015195)
UAlbany Graduate Admissions
The Department also offers a twelve credit Graduate Cerfiticate Program in Latin American and Caribbean Latino Studies. The Certificate Program requires the successful completion of twelve credits in four required courses:
- ALcs 502 Theoretical Approaches to Latin American, Caribbean, and US Latino Studies I (3 credits);
- ALcs 503 Theoretical Approaches to Latin American, Caribbean, and US Latino Studies II (3 credits);
- ALcs 504 Seminar on Latin America (3 credits);
- ALcs 505 Seminar on the Caribbean (3 credits);
- ALcs 506 Seminar on U.S. Latino Studies (3 credits).
Students may apply directly for admissions to the Certificate Program. The Certificate will complement degree work for students in any of the Social Sciences or Humanities disciplines, Business, Criminal Justice, Education, Public Affairs and Policy, and Social Welfare, or who have research, service and/or teaching interests in Latin America and/or the Caribbean.
Regulations and Requiremens Governing a Graduate Certificate (Graduate Bulletin)
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM DISCLOSURE